Do not wear tight synthetic knickers and tights or figure hugging jeans.
Whilst you have thrush do not attempt to enjoy the pleasures of sex.It will not be much fun anyhow.
When you go to the lavatory always wipe yourself from front to back to avoid spreading infection how many women can remember their mothers instilling this precept into them from early childhood?
The best ways of easing the irritation and helping to clear the condition are to eat a pot of live yoghurt every morning and raw oats once a day and to take garlic perles or capsules daily.
Wash thoroughly every morning and night with a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide, dab gently dry on a tissue and smear well with white petroleum jelly.It wrecks your undies but prevents the discharge causing intense aggravation.
* Nasturtium An infusion made from nasturtium is a natural antibiotic and may serve well for washing with.
Before you rush off for professional advice on the cause or source of this unbelievable thing which has happened to you, do check first that you have not inadvertantly forgotten to remove tampon.
* Evening primrose oil Take this to relieve stress rather than a vitamin B6 tablet which may be yeast based.
* Live yoghurt As well as eating this daily it is suggested that a little can be inserted into the vagina on a tampon.
* Honey Take it alone or in apple cider vinegar every morning.
* Blackberry leaf tea This tea is to be taken for cystitis, piles and leucorrhea as well as for thrush.
* Essential oils of juniper and lavender Add either of these oils to the bath.