The Following teas should all be made in the quantities of 1 teaspoon infused in 1 cup of boiling water for 10 minutes and taken three times a clay unless stated otherwise.
* Motherwort The oldest and gentlest of female herbs, this will rid you of a headache.Take after meals.
* Melilot This is the sweet yellow or bee’s clover.Take for headache and wring out in a compress for aching eyes.
* Vervain Sip this tea For headache and tension.
* Dandelion Take dandelion tea to alleviate water retention and a heavy bloated feeling.
* Red raspberry leaf Drink three times a day to relieve distention.
* Cramp bark Recommended for cramps and tension.
* Fennel This will ease pain, tension and digestive problems.
* Camomile Take for pain, stress and headache with a scanty period.
* Pennyroyal Another tea for a scanty period with pain.
* Caraway This tea relieves a cold bloated feeling and indigestion.
* Angelica Use to relieve pain, stress and digestive problems.
* Yarrow Take if you suffer from excessive bleeding, cramp and tension.
* Strawberry leaf This is another remedy for excessive bleeding.
* Fresh fig leaves An infusion of fresh fig leaves will improve the circulation.
* Parsley and tarragon Eat these herbs or make them into a tea.
* Rose Use the petals of the wild or white garden rose.One drop essential oil in hot water is very soothing and
* Safflower or linseed Steep 7g of the seeds an 600ml of boiling water, stand For five minutes then strain and drink 1 teacupful every five hours to reduce pain.
* Peppermint, fennel and liquorice Infuse peppermint leaves and fennel seeds in liquorice water and drink.Alternatively make a tea of the first two and eat liquorice wood or sweets.if constipation and water retention are the cause of pain it will help.
Mix the ingredients together and add 1 teaspoon to 500ml of boiling water.Stand for five minutes then strain.Starting eight days before and for the duration of the period drink three cups over 24 hours.It can be taken hot or cold, with or without honey, This will ease cramps and pain and help to reduce stress.
Soak the juniper berries in cold water for 15 minutes.Bring the water to the boil, add the drained berries to it and simmer until the liquid is reduced by one third.Discard the berries.Put the remaining ingredients into a warm china tea pot then reheat the juniper liquid to boiling point and pour it into the pot.Cover and leave to stand for five minutes.Take 1/2 cup four times a day.