- Beauty care – 7 beauty tips for who want beauty
- The Maharishi Ayurveda Approach to Beauty and Skin Care
- Skin Care | Natural beauty care | Beauty Care Solutions | Beauty tips
- How To Get Silky Hair| silky hair | Here are some hair altering tips | beauty care tips
Skin Care | Natural beauty care | Beauty Care Solutions | Beauty tips
Skin Care Being the mirror, the barometer of an individual’s health, skin is the clue to one’s Ayurvedic constitution. This can be understood by the types of skin that one has. Example: If vata is predominant the skin of a person is dry, rough, cold, thin with fine pores and wrinkled. In case of pitta constitution, the skin is delicate, fair and red toned with freckles, moles or acne and burns easily. If the constitution is of kapha dosha the skin of a person is oily, smooth, moist and thick with a tendency towards large pores.
If the skin is not cared properly and neglected it suffers from premature aging, becomes dull and blemished. Regular consumption of milk, honey and yogurt are good nourishment for skin and prevents premature aging.
Following are some common skin problems and ayurvedic remedy for preventing and curing the same.
Acne and Pimples
The aggravation of tridosha or the three energies of the body results in the occurrence of acne, pimples and blackheads. In all pitta dosha is effected the most and it happens so due to the excessive intake of alcohol, tea, coffee, spicy, oily and fried foods.
Stress, tension, pollution and chemicals are also among the major causes that aggravates Pitta dosha and result in acne, boils, pimples and rashes.
* A paste made from one teaspoon each of sandalwood powder and turmeric mixed with milk, is very good. A paste of nutmeg and water is also beneficial.
* Half a cup of Aloe Vera pulp can be taken internally (Do not take internally if pregnant) or applied externally to the skin. Dosage
: Twice a day.
* Before going to bed, was the face thoroughly and then apply a paste of 1 Tsp. coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder.
* For pimples, apply a paste made from one teaspoon of cumin seeds. Remove after one hour.
* A paste of fresh fenugreek leaves, applied and washed off with warm water before going to bed prevents pimples.
Imbalance of Bhrajaka Pitta that colors the skin and can be compared to melanin causes blackening, pigmentation and discoloration of skin. Excessive exposure to the sun, irregular eating, sleeping habits and consumption of foods and drinks that aggravate pitta are responsible for the aggravation of bhrajka pitta also.
* Grind five almonds and mix with 1 teaspoon of fresh cream and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste to the face and neck. Leave on for about fifteen minutes.
* Apply papaya juice, or mashed papaya, to the affected areas.
* Grind equal amounts of sesame seeds and turmeric in a small quantity of
* Water Apply to the face or discolored skin.
* Make a paste from basil (tulsi) leaves and water to use on the affected skin.
This is due to the aggravation of vata dosha, which naturally increases with age. Thus aging is something that can be prevented to come to early but can’t be cured as such. It’s a natural ongoing process and beyond human limit to control it.
Aging causes dryness and wrinkling of the skin. Factors like excessive thinking, stress, tension, over work, strain, irregular sleeping and eating habits and cold or dry foods enhance aging. Foods containing artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and chemicals also aggravate the Vata dosha and fasten aging.
* Massage the face with ghee, almond oil or coconut oil
before going to bed.
* Use grated cucumber in a face pack.
* Apply fresh aloe Vera gel to the skin.