Skin Care :: Other Factors Responsible for Wrinkles
In addition to sunlight, other factors may hasten the formation of wrinkles:
Cigarette Smoke. Smoking produces oxygen-free radicals, which are known to accelerate wrinkles and aging skin disorders and increase the risk for nonmelanoma skin cancers. Studies also suggest that smoking and subsequent oxidation produce higher levels of metalloproteinases, which are enzymes associated with wrinkles.
Air Pollution. Ozone, a common air pollutant, may be a particular problem for the skin. One study reported that it might deplete the amount of vitamin E in the skin; this vitamin is an important antioxidant.
Rapid Weight Loss. If weight loss occurs to rapidly, the volume of fat cells that cushion the face are also decreased before chemicals in the skin can react. This not only makes a person look gaunt, but can cause the skin to sag.
(Skin Care :: Other Factors Responsible for Wrinkles published at SpiritIndia on Wednesday, December 7, 2005)
Search more information on Skin Care
Recently posted related articles on Skin Care :
- Skin Care :: What gives us sunburn protects crayfish against bacteria
- Skin Care :: New approaches to reduce scarring
- Skin Care :: Skin-care industry skipping out on science?
- Skin Care :: Protect yourself from too much sun this summer
- Skin Care :: Can a suntan protect from harmful rays?
- Skin Care :: Tips for a healthy summer – stay safe in sun
- Skin Care :: Helioplex in Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock is best sun protection in US
- Skin Care :: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Skin Care :: Protect your skin from the sun
- Melanoma :: Skin care safety in the sun