Skin Care :: Home remedy face makeup tip for freckles
Freckles are small brownish spots of melanin on the skin of people with fair complexion. Predisposition to freckles is genetic and is related to the presence of the melanocortin-1 receptor MC1R gene variant. Freckling is caused by the same process as that which produces sun tanning, although the distribution of melanin is uneven. Most people who have freckles have light skin.
Freckles are predominantly found on the face, although they may appear on any skin exposed to the sun. They are rare on infants, but more common on children aged 5 to 12 than on adults.
Creams or laser treatment may be used to remove freckles, but they will reappear on exposure to the sun. Freckles themselves are not a sign of skin disorder, but people with a predisposition to freckles may be especially susceptible to sun damage and skin cancer, and should therefore take extra care to protect themselves in the sun. Many freckles fade with age.
Face Makeup Tips:
To make your skin soft and get rid of freckles and tan, take two tablespoons of dried and crushed orange rind, two tablespoon of fresh cream, and one tablespoon of Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti). Apply on the face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash with cold water.
(Skin Care :: Home remedy face makeup tip for freckles published at SpiritIndia on Friday, February 3, 2006)
Search more information on Skin Care
Recently posted related articles on Skin Care :
- Skin Care :: What gives us sunburn protects crayfish against bacteria
- Skin Care :: New approaches to reduce scarring
- Skin Care :: Skin-care industry skipping out on science?
- Skin Care :: Protect yourself from too much sun this summer
- Skin Care :: Can a suntan protect from harmful rays?
- Skin Care :: Tips for a healthy summer – stay safe in sun
- Skin Care :: Helioplex in Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock is best sun protection in US
- Skin Care :: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Skin Care :: Protect your skin from the sun
- Melanoma :: Skin care safety in the sun