Significance of Rubrics in Kent and other Repertories
The word ‘congestion’ appears in the chapters HEAD, UTERUS, GENERALITIES etc. When and where to make use of this rubric?
When two or more complaints co-exist in a part of the body, those two or more symptoms are not to be repertorised as two separate and distinct symptoms. E.g., a patient complains of headache, vertigo and uneasiness in the head. This is to be grouped as such and the rubric ‘congestion’ in the chapter HEAD must be pressed into service.
A patient complains of corns in soles, cramps in calves, swelling of feet, knee pain etc. all in lower limbs. Now, all the complaints are in the leg. For this when we look into KENT’S Repertory (page 965) we read ‘CONGESTED. (See Blood.)”. So, we turn to p.93 and find the following:
BLOOD.RUSH OF . to
Lower Limbs: AUR., calc., elaps, zinc.
Legs: Lact., meph., nux-m., phos., SPONG, SULPH., zinc.
The next step is to read these remedies (that we got thru’ repertories) in (1) Samuel Lilienthal’s HOMEOPATHIC THERAPEUTICS; and/or (2) HERING’S GUIDING SYMPTOMS (10 VOLUMES). In the latter, the chapters that enable us to pinpoint the remedy for the patient are ‘MIND’ ‘TISSUES’ and ‘STAGES OF
We talk and write so many things on homeopathy. But the foremost is correct selection of the remedy-the similimum. The ultimate aim is to cure the patient with the similimum. Once this is done successfully homeopathy can prosper and become popular speedily. But none talk on ‘how to select the remedy.’
l. There is cure for every curable disease. In other words, if at all a disease can be cured in any stage by any medical system in the world, then that disease can equally and certainly be cured by homeopathy
2. Homeopathy is an exact & accurate system. Precision is its culture. You cannot alter or change the methods in homeopathy. But you have to adopt yourself to the requirements here. This is more or so in the case of CASE TAKING and FINDING THE REMEDY through the repertory, materia medica etc.
Then you can be No. homeopath at the top of the world. Not otherwise.
3. Limitations: Unless there is a direct contact between the patient and the homeopathic doctor, a case cannot be treated and cured by posting the case in any discussion group. Because, you may think that you had taken all the symptoms in a case, whereas, you might have in reality ignored, rather considered some points as symptoms at all!
4. Most important of all, a prescription in homeopathy is ;made on ‘uncommon’ symptoms and/or general symptoms.’ Such ‘uncommon’ or ‘general’ symptom in a case may be one or at the most two only.
(Significance of Rubrics in Kent and other Repertories published at SpiritIndia on Thursday, March 25, 2004)
Search more information on Homeopathy
Recently posted related articles on Homeopathy :
- Homeopathy :: Number of researches on homoeopathy comes down
- Homeopathy :: Homeopathy still considered last resort by patients
- Homeopathy :: The memory of water is a reality
- Homeopathy :: New Delhi celebrating Hahnemann’s Birthday
- Homeopathy :: Non linearity straightens prescribing
- Homeopathy :: 60 percent of doctors’ surgeries prescribe homeopathic or herbal remedies
- Vital force is the hero in homeopathy
- Renal Failure :: Homeopathy in Chronic Renal or Kidney failure (CRF)
- Dengue Fever :: Homeopathy in dengue fever
- Homeopathy :: Miracles of the infinite dose