Skin Care :: Natural Remedies for treating freckles
Ephelides or freckles or xeroderma pigmentosum, are tanned macules found on the skin. They are usually multiple in number. With sun exposure, they become more apparent; therefore, in the winter months, they are often imperceptible. Although ephelides are predominantly benign, they may be seen in association with systemic disease.
Face Makeup Tips for freckles:
Wash your face with sour milk. Lactic acid will provide gentle peeling effect without irritating or drying your skin.
Lemon juice is a time-proven freckle fighting remedy. It is not necessary to rub your skin with a piece of lemon. Applying the juice with your fingers will do the job.
Fruit and vegetable masks (apricots, strawberries, cucumbers, red currant).
Sour cream mask. Do not rinse this mask completely, just remove gently with a facial tissue, then apply a moisturizer. For oily skin – use lemon juice before applying the mask.
Natural parsley juice (or parsley infusion) mixed with equal amounts of lemon juice, orange juice, and red currant juice under your favorite cream will help you keep your freckles invisible.
Increase your Vitamin C intake! It makes your skin less sensitive to the sun. Foods rich in vitamin C include citrus fruits, apples, green onions, black and red currant, rosehip tea.
(Skin Care :: Natural Remedies for treating freckles published at SpiritIndia on Friday, February 3, 2006)
Search more information on Skin Care
Recently posted related articles on Skin Care :
- Skin Care :: What gives us sunburn protects crayfish against bacteria
- Skin Care :: New approaches to reduce scarring
- Skin Care :: Skin-care industry skipping out on science?
- Skin Care :: Protect yourself from too much sun this summer
- Skin Care :: Can a suntan protect from harmful rays?
- Skin Care :: Tips for a healthy summer – stay safe in sun
- Skin Care :: Helioplex in Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock is best sun protection in US
- Skin Care :: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Skin Care :: Protect your skin from the sun
- Melanoma :: Skin care safety in the sun