SymCare Personalized Health Solutions, Inc., announced today that the FDA has cleared the new inTouch.diabetes program to support effective diabetes management. The new web-based system uses a combination of objective biometric data, education and a rewards program to better engage patients in effective diabetes management.
inTouch•diabetes combines patient-centered decision-making with state-of-the-art health information technology. This FDA-cleared system offers patients a network of support and customized education and information while providing healthcare professionals with objective biometric data for more specific and personalized patient/healthcare professional interaction.
Features of inTouch•diabetes:
– Individualized program – goes beyond recording daily blood glucose levels by showing trends, providing diabetes education and supplying other relevant information
– Enhanced technology – automatically collects blood sugar readings from a glucose meter and wirelessly transmits them to a secure web site, allowing patients and caregivers to identify trends. Also enables text messaging to cell phones for on-the-go management
– Privacy – SymCare Personalized Health Solutions, Inc. is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information
– Coaches – offer live one-on-one discussions about information that patients can discuss with their healthcare providers
– Personalized education – provides content from Johns Hopkins University and diet and exercise programs from e-Diets to encourage conversations between patients and their healthcare team
– Positive reinforcement – a rewards program linked to AMAZON.COM® that can lead to behavioral changes and improved outcomes
About SymCare Personalized Health Solutions, Inc.
SymCare Personalized Health Solutions, Inc. is committed to enhancing prevention and treatment in chronic populations through the support of new models of care. For additional information, visit http://www.mediconews.com