Naturopathy :: Methods for cure in Naturopathy
The methods applied for cure in Naturopathy are the following: –
1. Water Therapy: Water is the most ancient of all the remedial agents. It is employed in different forms in treatment and produces several types of physiological effects depending upon temperature and duration. Hydrotherapy is employed in almost all types of disease conditions.
2. Air Therapy: Fresh air is essential for good health. Air therapy is employed in different pressures and temperatures in variety of disease conditions.
3. Fire Therapy: Existence of all the creatures and forms depends upon ?Agni? (Fire). In Nature Cure treatment, different temperatures are employed through different heating techniques to produce different specific effects.
4. Space Therapy: Congestion causes disease. Fasting is the best therapy to relieve congestion of body and mind.
5. Mud Therapy: Mud absorbs, dissolves and eliminates the toxins and rejuvenates the body. It is employed in treatment of various diseases like constipation, skin diseases etc.
6. Food Therapy: Most of the disease are amenable through food therapy. As you eat so will you be physically as well as mentally. Your food is your medicine. These are the main slogans of Nature Cure.
7. Massage Therapy: Massage is generally employed for tonic, stimulant and sedative effects. It is an effective substitute for exercise.
8. Acupressure: There are different points on hands, feet & body which are associated with different organs. By applying pressure on these selected points, related organs can be influenced for getting rid of their ailments.
9. Magneto Therapy: Magnets influence health. South and North poles of different powers and shapes are employed in treatment, by applying directly on different parts of the body or through charged up water or oil.
10. Chromo Therapy: Sun rays have seven colours ? violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange and red. These colours are employed through irradiation or body or by administering charged water, oil and pills for treatmen